Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two Kinds of Plants That Are Common or Unique in Our Biome (cont.)


The Coconut TreeIt is believed that the Coconut Tree is the symbol of romance in the tropics. These trees can grow to be 50-80 feet and small ones which are called Dwarf palm are only 15-17 feet. The Coconut Tree may take a year or more to mature. Each tree can produce only 50 nuts. The coconuts are used for many different uses; there is coconut milk in the center of it so people may drink it. You can eat the white meat of the coconut and make a refreshing nice drink with the liquid inside which you must stir. The dried meat is pressed and made into an oil and it is good because it contains protein, sugar, and vitamins. But the major uses for the oil is for soaps, margarine, candies, cake, cookies, and even pies.
Website I used to get this information: http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/rnfrst_plant_page.htm
Website I got the picture from:
Are there any unique plants in your environment?

1 comment:

  1. I didnt know there were so many uses of coconuts. I also like your pictures of your blog. They are all very visual:)

    ReplyDelete